Spring bluegills ?

I have been out three times in the last two weeks to a local place here.

This place is loaded with them in the summer and during ice fishing season.

I can't find the darned things lately :wallbash:

And I really want to eat some before this particular body of water gets too warm.

I have tried the shallows and deep water.. using a very small slip float with an ice jig on 4lb test line.... tipped the jig with pieces of worm... nothing

Tossed tiny little jigs with micro twister tails ( white and black ones)... nothing

What gives?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

I have been out three times in the last two weeks to a local place here.

This place is loaded with them in the summer and during ice fishing season.

I can't find the darned things lately :wallbash:

And I really want to eat some before this particular body of water gets too warm.

I have tried the shallows and deep water.. using a very small slip float with an ice jig on 4lb test line.... tipped the jig with pieces of worm... nothing

Tossed tiny little jigs with micro twister tails ( white and black ones)... nothing

What gives?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Most of the times it forage related. No food to eat mean its time to move on to greener pastures. Perhaps the cooler weather is playing havoc with the food chain which would inevitably change the feeding paterns of your bluegills until it warms up... Smaller bodies of water are very sensitive to this kind of stuff.

smaller bodies of water as in acreage of the lake itself or the depth of the lake?

Deeper ponds seem to stay cooler longer while shallower ponds may have quick temperature snaps and algae blooms do to sunlight penetrating into depth. That being said if the water is cooler where you fishing try looking for shallower water near fallen trees or any other structure like stated above.

Good Luck !!