Brunswick Lake...100km SW of Kapuskasing

Basskicker

I have 9 days starting May 25 for some remote campimg/fishing......has anyone ever been into this lake. I know the fishing is awesome but there is very little info on the internet regarding this lake. There's one lodge on the whole lake with fly-in. According to google earth maps there seems to be road access at the northeast end of the lake....can anyone confirm this? In search of some monster pike......thanks.

Jason

Probably more of a walleye lake than a pike lake. I was talking to the CO's up there a couple years back and she told me there was no "official" access to the lake and it is up to their discretion what they might do to you should you motor over land your not supposed to, it is in a Provincial park. Why not just fish big Missinaibi instead? More choice with lakers, bass (supposedly), as well as big pike and walleye in too, maybe not large numbers of them, but enough to keep it interesting.

Guest skeeter99

fished brunswick several times

pike fishing? good luck!

it is a 50 to 70 walleye a day lake ,you will catch pike but nothing huge, you will get them in the rice beds that are along the shorelines and the odd one mixed in with the walleye on the mid lake shoals. give kap fishing charters a call he will point to a pike lake but i have been fishing up there for years now and no real pike factory lake up there (some great smallmouth lakes that are open all year round). why not go to remi lake you can get a nice cottage smallmouth/pike/walleye/trout all in 1 lake

do you have a atv? if you do there are some great campsites inland 2 min bike ride to water, plus u can just drag your boat behind the bike into the lake and many others that are up there

huge tip **lake saganash** u have to go fish this lake it is like the bay of quinte of the north. u will not catch a fish under 4 pounds every fish in the lake 4 pounds or bigger several 10 's and 11's come out every year

what makes it so good is because it is surrounded by swamp only access by bike or argo 3 miles from nearest road to lake, I know guys who have walked in late august when it is relatively dry