Knots for lead core line

vinnimon

I havent had an issue yet, but any suggestions from the all knowing, would be great.

Im spooling up 2 reels with braided backing line, then tying it to the lead core line to it. The end of the lead core I usually tie a swivel on, and then my leader line. Problem is, is that I like a long leader, in which makes it a pain, when im trying to land a fish.

Esp if Im alone in the boat.

Any suggestions on what knot to use? I will be using heavy floro line or mono line.

I have even thought about using heavy tapered fly fishing leaders.

Thanks in advance

I use a willis knot... never an issue. Backing/willis/leadcore/willis/20' leader. Don't bother with a swivel at the end of the leadcore, tie your leader direct. This is also a good method for wire lines because your wire or leadcore are never exposed during storage and transporting. A great way to minimize kinks.

I use a willis knot... never an issue. Backing/willis/leadcore/willis/20' leader. Don't bother with a swivel at the end of the leadcore, tie your leader direct. This is also a good method for wire lines because your wire or leadcore are never exposed during storage and transporting. A great way to minimize kinks.

I will definetly check it out Brian. The lead core exposure is something that sat on the back of my mind.