A little advice.

slick973

Hello everybody.

I'm planning on going out fishing fer some trout this weekend. Probably going to be in the Hamilton and surrounding areas. If ya know of a good place to go, or some good advice to give me, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, don't be afraid to talk to me like I'm 4 years old, because in regards to fishing, I might as well be. So with that in mind, I'll leave you all to your busy days. Thanks in advance.

John

PS I need to purchase some new line for my rod. Any recommendations?

Edited by new2fishin

Well John I can't help you much with where to fish in the Hamilton area but I use to fish at the mouth of Bronte Creek when I lived down that way. Take a drive along the lakeshore and do a bit of exploring. If trout are running you'll find people fishing there.

As for needing line on your reel, that really depends on what type of reel you have and what line it is rated for. I always try to go with the lightest line I can get away with for any given situation but that is a personal choice. If you have a spinning reel it will usually give you three line weights and capacities. A good choice would be the mid range as a starting point.