West Nipissing Resort

kuhaman

I am planning on a trip this July to West Nipissing resort. Has anyone from the board been there? We are staying at there Bear lake camp. Bear lake is supposed to have a decent musky population (never fished musky)What would be a couple of lures you would suggest for them?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kuha

Yes!! I've been to WNR a couple of times...Ian is a fantastic host and I enjoyed great fishing both times. We targeted mostly pike, but ran into a few nice walleye and one monster that I never saw....either a big pike or muskie.

We tried to put on lots of miles doing long runs at first, but when we finally took Ian's advice on where to fish, we got into them pretty good. ALSO.....pay attention to the rocks....they are NOT motor-friendly.

If I had to pick one lure, it'd be a green/white spinnerbait.

Haven't been to that resort but I do enjoy the fishing on Nipissing :) As mentioned, lots of pike, nice walleye (pay attention to the slot) and some very nice musky in those waters. Definitely take your time and watch out for the rocks, they are every where.

Lures. The best lures are ones that you are familiar with and comfortable using. That being said, for those waters, I like gold/brass, orange/reds, clown pattern, suicks, jakes and husky jerks for the essox species :) Walleye, I often use leeches or every day worms.

Have a great trip and post pics when you get back!