Fly Tyers needed for Toronto Sportsman's Show

thatleetboy

I have volunteered to do a couple of shifts at the Toronto Sportsman's Show. There will be an area where Trout Unlimited is teaching kids how to tie flies...

I know that Bill Christmas is still looking to see if he can find a few warm bodies to help teach the kids. If you've got a couple of extra hours, it will get you free admission to the show once your teaching shift is over.

I don't think you have to be a master tyer to do this... hey, they're taking me. I believe the fly that is being taught is a woolly worm.

If you want to get in touch with Bill and see if you can help, either contact him directly, or send me a PM or email, and I will put you in touch with him directly.

Cheers

Edited by TheLeetAngler

Well, it was a pretty interesting experience. Great kids, as well as lots of interesting, far more experienced tyers...

If you want, you can read my post about it here...

Best of all, I met some experienced anglers who promised to take me fly fishing!

:thumbsup_anim:

(cuz I really need the help...)

If "jig tying" were also being taught and I was much closer I would do it in a heart beat....we need to keep our youth interested in the Great Outdoors (and I don't mean the movie).....you never know what will trigger a kid's attention to get involved.

Come on guys....time to belly up to the bar.... :whistling:

Bob