New DivX HD Surely Fishing Episode Now On-Line

You can now download the latest Surely Fishing episode in full 1080p DivX HD and watch it on your big screen TV in TSN quality HD :DSurely Fishing Episodes

I have to say, that since I am not running a business anymore and just producing a fishing show as a hobby, it is a heck of a lot more fun! Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of what a person originally intended to do with something. I do really enjoy building graphics, editing and producing a fishing show, I just hate the business aspect of it all. It becomes a lot more work than fun when it is a business. Since I have been focusing on family and only working one job, I am having a lot of fun fishing and producing a fishing show. It is really nice to just do whatever the heck I want, when I want and not be bound by deadlines, red tape or sponsors etc. I just go fishing now with buddies or people I meet with no stress :thumbsup_anim:

I plan on uploading one episode in DivX HD every month, and it will be just honest fishing with real people. No sponsors, no commercials, no bullcrap. I am trying to make the show as informative as possible as well. I want to make a show that most people will enjoy watching, even veteran anglers. I want to produce a show that anyone can learn from, a technique, a new idea, the technical info etc. I will not advertise any lures, gear or anything else, but I will say what I am using to catch the fish... and it will be any brand/type I choose to use that I think will work for the situation.

I look forward to your feedback, pros or cons. After all, I'm doing this for all of you to enjoy, so I would like to hear your feedback.

BTW if you download the latest DivX player to watch it on your Mac or PC, make sure you uncheck the box to install the Google Chrome browser during DivX player installation unless you want it. If you don't want to download a new player, you can download the codec pack only so you can watch the show on Windows Media Player, which I prefer.

If you want to watch it on your big screen TV in full HD, you will need a device that supports DivX HD, like most newer BluRay players, a PS3, some newer HDTV's etc.

Enjoy :Gonefishing:

I have always been a fan of your shows. You come across (and by no mistake) as a really genuine guy. Fishing show or no fishing show, sponsors or no sponsors you still give us great fishing reports from the Niagara region. It is appreciated by me. Being authentic and credible is something that no amount of money can buy. Good on you. I think my favourite peice of fishing television is still the day of the giants. That was awesome.

Cheers.

Thanks Grimace, I appreciate the kind words.

Ahhh, the day of the Giants... I still relive that experience once in a while. I didn't even catch a musky, and I didn't care! Just to be a part of that was awesome, and seeing a good friend catch a 57" and 58" musky within 30 minutes was amazing. Marc really knows his stuff, and my buddy Steve was going through a difficult time when we filmed that show, so that made his year :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah I agree with everything Grimace mentioned above !!thumbsup_anim.gif

Oh hey Aaron Will there be any icefishing episodes from this year?

Thanks

C

Edited by Carper

Hey Carper, I did recently film an ice fishing episode with a friend from this board Tony B. We did it on Lake Simcoe for whitefish. This show is a bit different, as we talk about a lot of technical stuff that helps us consistently get into fish, from time of year/location, depths, tip-ups combined with jigging, sonar settings etc. We got into the whities pretty good on both jigging anf tip-ups, and a funny thing happened that was all caught on tape... at Tony's expense :lol:

I forgot to mention, that people can also watch it on my YouTube channel if they prefer. Also, if someone would like to see the high quality DivX HD version on their big screen TV but they don't have a BluRay or PS3 to view it, there is another option that also works great for downloaded movies or TV shows. If you have a laptop with HDMI, you can connect it to your HD TV and use your laptop like a BluRay player to watch shows in comfort on your big screen. I love technology :D

I would really like to hear feedback from people here on OFC. Also, if you have a show idea and would like to film a show with me, send me a PM. I would love to film some shows with fellow OFNers.

Enjoy.