Mystery European buys ‘the Castle’ home for $17.5-million

danbouck

Lots of history in that home. When Steve Stavro bought it, he had an addtion put on the back of the house, the stonemasons and stone were imported from Great Britain to do it at great expense. It's rumoured that Royalty stayed there during a visit to Hogtown. Some of the furnishings there were from Henry VIII, there was an ancient table and chairs from the 1600's in the Great Room. Over 20 years ago, I saw Luciano Pavarotti sing there at a private fundraiser. As a kid I helped move some of the furniture there from the Stavro farm in Cambellcroft north of Port Hope. Memories.........

Lots of history in that home. When Steve Stavro bought it, he had an addtion put on the back of the house, the stonemasons and stone were imported from Great Britain to do it at great expense. It's rumoured that Royalty stayed there during a visit to Hogtown. Some of the furnishings there were from Henry VIII, there was an ancient table and chairs from the 1600's in the Great Room. Over 20 years ago, I saw Luciano Pavarotti sing there at a private fundraiser. As a kid I helped move some of the furniture there from the Stavro farm in Cambellcroft north of Port Hope. Memories.........

Unfortunately all the furniture went out the door and didn't return. However there is an ivory tub worth more than my house in there and the elevator ain't bad either ;)