Help with Eagle Fishmark 320 set-up

bbog

Hi folks,

Received an Eagle Fishmark 320 sonar from my son last year and was looking for suggestions on how to configure it. I fish out of a canoe and typically in small shallow lakes 35' or so deep. On occasion I have put on the portable downriggers and trolled deep for Lake Trout - but this is not my main use. So far I have been using it mostly to confirm depth.

I'm sure with the appropriate set-up the sonar can offer a lot more to the fishing experience. Looking forward to gaining some of your expertise.

Thanks,

Barn

Google Eagle fishfinders and you can download a demo program onto your computer that you can mess with so you don't kill any batteries. I have it and play around once in a while and it helps to learn the features and controls of the unit.

Not sure if you already got one .. but get a portable transducer mount ... mine was about $35 at BPS ... it works like a charm for things like canoes ... just clamp it onto the gunwhale and you're good to go.

110428.jpg

Edited by camillj

Hey camillj that's a pretty cool looking transducer mount. I using the portable kit with the suction cup. Made a small modification to ensure the transducer is pointed in the correct direction. After my last stop at BPS I don't have any room in my small car for any other stuff. Might need to get a bigger car - this fun past time could get expensive!!