bassnass

Niptrip 2011 pt 4

Another little word to the wise here, a small fan would have been extremely useful. The propane lights and furnace throw a lot of heat, but it all rises. Being the rookie and relegated to the top bunk I found it somewhat stifling. Also, for the first few hours in the bungaloo, we had no snow and our holes would slowly start to ice-over. A small fan would have pushed that warm air enough to keep the holes open until the snow fell and they could be mounded. There’s also the human production of methane gas and smoke from the breakfast fry-up to consider.

A chorus of snoring, the heat of the top bunk, and my ever-increasingly harsh headache kept me up the first night, so I fished. I didn’t catch anything until first light, and by then the other boys were rousing. John’s famous for his breakfast and he cooked us up a feast that helped us all feel better.

photobkt102.jpg

photobkt101.jpg

photobkt100.jpg

photobkt99.jpg

The second day was basically a replay of the first with enough action to keep us well into the fishin’. Our party-hardy neighbours had left for home in Hamilton (after they lost the bet to us for most ‘eyes iced). Good dudes.

photobkt98.jpg

photobkt97.jpg

photobkt96.jpg

photobkt94.jpg

photobkt93.jpg

photobkt92.jpg

photobkt91.jpg

photobkt90.jpg

photobkt89.jpg

photobkt88.jpg

photobkt87.jpg

photobkt86.jpg

photobkt83.jpg

photobkt84.jpg

photobkt82.jpg

photobkt81.jpg

photobkt80.jpg

photobkt79.jpg

Look how pleased he is - awesome!

photobkt78.jpg

photobkt76.jpg

Nay was a hot stick!

photobkt75.jpg

photobkt74.jpg

photobkt73.jpg

photobkt71.jpg

The lights of town

photobkt70.jpg

Donny's dinner night - awesome!

photobkt65.jpg

Peckerheads vs. Team AC (Keepin' it cool!)

photobkt68.jpg

TBC...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.