What can you tell me about this rod?

ripsomelips

DSC00002.JPG Had this brand new rod for a few years now. Was passed on from my dad with waders. Never used it since I never tried fly fishing yet. Does anyone know the value or the line weight of this rod? Couldn't find any information on google. This is the 3 piece one and i also have a 2 piece one. Wonder if it's possible to use a spinning reel instead of a fly reel and fish for walleye? Any information provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

J. Fisher

Edited by J.Fisher

Had this brand new rod for a few years now. Was passed on from my dad with waders. Never used it since I never tried fly fishing yet. Does anyone know the value or the line weight of this rod? Couldn't find any information on google. This is the 3 piece one and i also have a 2 piece one. Wonder if it's possible to use a spinning reel instead of a fly reel and fish for walleye? Any information provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

J. Fisher

Back in the day, many folks used a spinning reel on a fly rod, when fishing Steelhead.

Of course back then, pretty much all of us called 'em Rainbows.

Some guys took the Butt cap off, and put in a 7" fighting butt, others just fished them 'as is'

If you aren't a "fly guy"sometimes the nice slow action of a fly rod is very welcome when using light line tactics for finicky pickerel, or Rainbows.