Rainbow skeen

brifishrgy

I am just getting into trout fishing and have done quite well so far with salmon eggs, Went 4 for 6 this morning, kept one small one and have some skeen in the fridge from her.

I am just curious if its best to use the skeen in the rivers or bottom fishing the mouth of the river. thanks

here is a pic of the one I kept

PB180019.jpg

Salmon roe has been working well I would continue to use salmon roe fish looks small for any amount of roe and also not far enough advanced meaning very tight skeins, use your salmon roe and unless you want an eater let the bows go until you run out of salmon roe by that time if you need to bonk a bow it should be farther along in ripeness and be easier to scrape and treat ive used salmon roe right up to and through the opener and it worked as good or better than steelhead roe.

IMO opinion skein is far superior scraped, dried and tied into bags than loose mature roe...anytime of the year. Softer with more scent = more fish.

Tie it up and use it now in the rivers.

As far as the rainbow skein being too immature to use this time of year, it really depends on the fish.

Many of the seemingly stocked domestic strain fish I've been catching recently are full of very mature beautiful skeined eggs.

I've been fishing this roe tied up the last few trips and have literally destroyed fish with it.