Coarse Fishing Weekend

Afraz

Hey Fellas,

Last couple of weeks have been awfull for me, can't seem to figure out where the fish are or what they're up to (guessing cuase the water has been turning over). I am not out looking for trout or Salmon as usual i am out for much better things ;)

While chucking spoons and x-raps for pike on frenchman's bay we managed to hook a baby carp on its top fin. And this was the only fish landed that entire trip, 7 hours.

If anyone has any Plausible RECENT info regarding where i may be able to get into anything like : SHeephead, channel cat, carp, sucker, bowfin..ling w.e..

I'd realy appreciate it, also if anyone is going out crappie or perch fishign this weekend. I wouldn't mind trying my hand for those guys as well but given that the wind might be 25k i doubt i'd be able to pull the tube out XD so shore fishing opportunities please and thank you.

Thanks again...

Afraz

yeah its tough this time of year. Unless you have been still chumming the area for carp, to keep them feeding. If they have a food source they will hang around and their metabolism won't slow down or least will be maintained. If no food is around, their metabolism.... I guess shut down.

Then they will not feed anymore until spring arrives again and the water starts to warm up again which will get their metabolism started again slowly. This is why every year the season for carp is slow to start with. They don't feed like they normally do in summer months.

Unless you can find a pond stock with them so its easier for them to find the food it'll be tough to try to get them going again this time of year.

DSN

I've been seeing a whole lot of bullhead over at the bewdley dock. its going to be packed for walleye closer I'm guessing. I went for possibly the last kick at the can at the scugog causeway for walleye, and they were everywhere when we left. we could see their eyes swimming around when we shone the light into the water. the bullheads get to just under 2 lbs at bewdley and thats about as big as they get,though i think. we did see a massssssive carp snap a line next to the dock two weekends ago i think it was, on a crappie jig, haha. I hear big perch are out to play during the day at the shore accessible rice lake spots as well on the south end... crappies ... scarce but huge