Simcoe this weekend

brifishrgy

Going to hit up Barrie waterfront this weekend (shore fishing), are the boats still in the marina or have they been pulled out already? what is the minnow situation like at the bait shop in town? I had a tough time getting them last year. Thanks for the info

Was there last weekend with my son. The boats are for the most part gone - very few left. There was no one fishing on the docks - maybe the gates were locked - but there were some people fishing on the stretch on land that separates the lake and the marina - so you could access the marina area from there. Most fish were caught in the marina waters - minnows and worms both worked well. No jumbos for us. Best way to catch them was just to use a light jig head with a minnow. Toss it in, and by the time it sank to the bottom, you would see your line swim sideways. Nice day too last Saturday - sunny, 15 degrees and little wind. Good luck.

Oh, and I am not sure about the minnow situation in Barrie as I bought mine at the stop just north of Major Mac on the 400. What a rip off - $10 for as many minnows that fills a basically an oversided "pill" container. I would get more minnows than that for only $5 at the place on the corner of 89 and Yonge. That was my first and last time at that place on the 400. Oh well, didn;t let that spoil my day, but instead we caught many and kept only about 7 for a small fish fry.

While fishing was wondering about the quality of the water in that Marina and the effect on the fish quality after having a full season of boats moored, and constantly going in and out of there. BTW, the fish did taste good.