Summer vs Winter

Tdel

While I was reading the thread by xkempx in which the rod was unattended and fell off the dock into the water a question popped into my head. In winter you are only allowed to be approx 60 meters (or somewhere there about) away from your fishing rod, stick or whatever. Is there such a regulation that covers the summertime and unattended fishing rods? If so then please point me in the right direction to read it.

Tom.

Here it is from the regs.

Hooks and Lines

An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise stated in the regulations.

Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in parts of the Great Lakes (refer to the Exceptions to the Zone Regulations for the zone in which you are fishing).

Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (refer to the Exceptions to the Zone Regulations for the zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times.

Angling

Angling means fishing with a line that is held in the hand or attached to a rod that is held in the hand or closely attended.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/198480.html

Here it is from the regs.

Hooks and Lines

An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise stated in the regulations.

Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in parts of the Great Lakes (refer to the Exceptions to the Zone Regulations for the zone in which you are fishing).

Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (refer to the Exceptions to the Zone Regulations for the zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times.

Angling

Angling means fishing with a line that is held in the hand or attached to a rod that is held in the hand or closely attended.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/198480.html

Thanks LD17 for the reply.

The two optimum words in that last sentence seems to be "closely attended". I guess it is left up to the warden to decide how far closely attended actually is when he gives out the ticket.

I wonder why they can be so clear and exact with the ice fishing regulations on distance but not soft water fishing?

"You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times."

Tom.