A lesson learned

xkempx

Fishing in Meaford with my Father and my Uncle, :clapping: We fished all day and nothing, Not a bite". Then around 2:30pm or so i decide to reel in and check out the row bag..It was good... Back in the water it went... I set the Rod down on this trash can and walked over to my van for a good ham sandwich, Then not even 3-5min later of setting the rod down and me in the van......BANG the rod falls down, I ran over to grab it., as i was running, i see it move real fast toward the edge of the pier that was 10' feet high... *SPLASH*....Nooooooooo,

My Dad was casting a spoon at the time. thank god, He snags my rod....now he is reeling in with my rod and a Nice rain bow... Good fight eh dad...

I grab my rod and now I'm fighting my fish....I see the fish swim over to this big twigs and sticks...Yep all snagged up... I get the Bow up to the side so it can be netted. My father grabs the twig's and my uncle has the net...The fish in the air with the net under him the Fish has one last kick in him... Kicked right off the hook almost lands on the bank, falls right in to the lake......

I'm always the one to tell guys WATCH YOUR ROD...... :oops:

Edited by xkempx

At least you got your rod back !

Good story :)

Got my rod back was the best part.....BUT,,,,,Last night getting ready to go fishing and slammed the the Van truck on the tip and snap it off :wallbash: ....Time to let go off this rod......11'9 noddle rod for sale....well 11'8,3/8 now

Whats Next...