Grand Bend/Bayfield/Goderich fishing?

The JAY

Well, using up my last week of holidays next week, and the wife decided she wants to go to Grand Bend for a couple of days. She's very patient with my addiction to standing at the edge of any water looking for fishies, and will sit for an hour or two while I Gonefishing.gif ..

My question is, does anyone know of any places in GB, Bayfield, or Goderich area where I might try my luck for an hour or two? I've fished almost every inch of the river in The Pinery, but outside the park, I'm lost.

Walked around the harbours in GB and Goderich, and I'm guessing there's probably perch or something there, but that's just a guess; and the river under the highway in Bayfield looks like a likely spot for fish comming in from the lake right now. Would I be wasting my time chucking spoons at the harbours?

Anyway, enough rambling. I'd appreciate any tips anyone familiar with the area may be willing to part with.

I'll also be stopping in Port Franks, hoping to meet Jim Downie to talk custom knifemaking for a little while, so I could look in that area as well...

Thanks! Sorry for the randomness of the post. Too much coffee.w00t.gif

I used to have a cottage in Grand Bend.

I have caught perch, catfish, bass, and pike near the pier where the asuable goes into huron.

My avatar is of a bass i got there.

Edited by Sudzy