Honesty

walleyejack

I guess there are some people on here that you cannot belive also.Not mentioning any names,a member was buying something from another member and I had mentioned I would take the item if he didn't.I asked the seller what was happening and said the buyer was taking the items.He pm me back and said he changed his mind and took them,that i was next in line,when in fact the 1st buyer did not take them,yet the selling board member told me he had,and sold them to someone after i had made a commitment. Just go to show how some people operate,I was always taught and raised on my word ! How times change. So just because you see something on here and you accept it,don t believe it untill it is in your hands.

its not really buyer beware its more like seller beware. i buy and sell alot of stuff privately and the easiest, fairest, safest method all around is first guy to show up at the door with cash gets the item. every other offer is likely Bull. i get requests all the time to hold onto an item (honest ill be there friday) and just get hung with it, even free stuff im giving away. save yourseld the trouble first come first served.

sorry thanks for the repair!!

Edited by smally21

Don't think I've ever bought anything thru the OFC classifieds but I've sold LOTS of stuff over the years and have never had a problem. Every person that said they wanted something I was selling showed up at the arranged time with the agreed on loot.

Guess I've always just been lucky.

Last spring I asked if there was anyone on the board that could make me so steelhead jigs. I got a reply from a dude and he said he would make his favorite patterns and have them ready for me in a couple of weeks. The price was hard to believe, but I told him to let me know how much he wanted and I would send the cash to him before he sent them with the shipping included. A few weeks went by and I pm'd him a couple of times to see how the progress was going. No reply, no reply, just someone blowing smoke out of his ass. Oh well at least he didn't ask for my money and just keep it. Still honesty is the only way to go. A man is only as good as his word in my books.