Midland Boat launch

Rob

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on where (or where not) to park the vehicle and trailer at the boat launch. I am thinking of going on Saturday afternoon and just want to make sure that the launch is good and if there are places to park.

Thanks,

Rob C

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on where (or where not) to park the vehicle and trailer at the boat launch. I am thinking of going on Saturday afternoon and just want to make sure that the launch is good and if there are places to park.

Thanks,

Rob C

I haven't been down there for a while but the last time I went out fishing, the water level wasn't too bad at all. If you park in the launch parking lot you are taking a chance of getting a ticket if you don't have a Midland residence sticker on the windshield of your vehicle. BayPort Marina use to and probably still does allow parking on their property for a fee. Go to the BayPort office and check it out. I have heard that later on in the season the checks for the Midland sticker on vehicles slows down but I wouldn't recommend taking the chance.

I just might go down to the launch today and see what is happening.

Tom.

I forgot to mention .... the launch area on the right had a hole in the cement and if you drive over it your trailer will really bounce. There is plenty of room to steer around it. With any luck it might have been fixed.

I haven't been down there for a while but the last time I went out fishing, the water level wasn't too bad at all. If you park in the launch parking lot you are taking a chance of getting a ticket if you don't have a Midland residence sticker on the windshield of your vehicle. BayPort Marina use to and probably still does allow parking on their property for a fee. Go to the BayPort office and check it out. I have heard that later on in the season the checks for the Midland sticker on vehicles slows down but I wouldn't recommend taking the chance.

I just might go down to the launch today and see what is happening.

Tom.

I forgot to mention .... the launch area on the right had a hole in the cement and if you drive over it your trailer will really bounce. There is plenty of room to steer around it. With any luck it might have been fixed.

Thanks Tom, appreciate the help. I am still planning on going so I will see what happens.

Rob C

Thanks Tom, appreciate the help. I am still planning on going so I will see what happens.

Rob C

I have no info on the launch but I was up there today and it was pretty windy and the wind forecast for tomorrow is pretty high. If you launch in Victoria Harbour(sometimes the launch is shallow in the fall) or Musky's Landing you can get out of the wind and enjoy your day.

You have to be a midland resident to launch out of pete peterson....but, as someoen said you can park at bayport for a fee....expect a nice ticket, if not a tow if you don't do it properly.

You can forget about Vic Har launch....brutal to say the least...you'd be better at muskys landing...

Good luck....you're in for one hell of a day tommorow with the wind.