Boat Launch at Sibbald's To Close for Maintenance

wil wegman

I just found out the launch at the park will be undergoing some renovation and they have no choice but to close it off during this period. Many anglers still practice out of here for the BPS Open ... and it's a popular spot for recreational bass anglers and those chasing perch as well. I wanted to be sure to give all a heads up so you can plan your fall fishing accordingly. There really is no ideal time to get this done .. low water levels are best from a work perspective though.

The following notice has been prepared:

Wil

Attention Lake Simcoe Anglers and Boaters:

Please be advised that the boat launch area at Sibbald Point Provincial Park on Lake Simcoe near Sutton ON will be closed for maintenance from Oct 4th to Oct 31st 2010.

During this time no boats will be permitted to launch at the park. We regret the inconvenience this may cause but are certain the improved launching facilities will be a welcome improvement for all who like to launch at Sibbald Point Provincial Park.

Thank you for your understanding.

Greg Walsh, Park Superintendent

Sibbald Point Provincial Park

yes the heads up is helpful. last year i phoned the park to check on the ramp\fees and such. very helpfuL lady gave me all the details except one - the ramp was closed. after a 2.5 hr drive showed up and was not happy!!! but you can drive down to virginia beach and launch there just bring change the ramp is COIN OPERATED!, then park across the street.