need a few tips

mercman

hi all

i'm heading back up for bass at white lake, 1 more time this season, The question i have is, should i tie directly to my line or use a swivel. will a swivel spook the fish or do they care less. I will be using senkos and plastic swim bait for the most part, but i like to experiment. I usually carry a spare setup that can be used to experiment with. what do you think is the best ideaunsure.gif

I understand you want to use Senko type worms or soft swimbaits. I assume you aren't talking about anything over about 1/2 an ounce in weight...

I'm not sure where on the line you want to use this swivel or what type and weight of line you're using.

If you are using a fluorocarbon leader and the swivel is just a connection, throw it away and use a uni-uni or an Albright knot to join the two lines.

If you are talking about a snap-swivel, it's not appropriate for these baits. Just tie the hook directly to the line or to your leader.

Some guys use a swivel on Split-shot rigs and a swivel is part of the heavier Carolina rig. These are rigs that you drag slowly across the bottom...However, I don't think that's what you were asking about.

Garry2R's