Sunday visit to BPS

huey graphite

I was like a kid in a candy store. Boy this place is massive. I could have spent the whole day in there. Last week I realized, at the age of 37, I have yet to ever by myself a rod or reel. All my previous gear were Christmas or Birthday gifts.

After some great feedback on trolling equipment on a previous thread, I opted for the Shimano TDR. I wanted an 8'6" MH action but they had none so settled for an 8 footer.

I also bought a Daiwa Sealine 49LCA and it matches up great with the rod. Can't wait to try them. It was nice to spend a little money on myself for a change.

Picked up a can of Uncle Buck's mix. Love Fish Crisp but it will be nice to try something a little different.

Got a couple of deals on some body baits as well.

I lucked out as my timing coincided with a seminar by Dave Mercer. Had some very good tips that can be used regardless of where you fish and what your fishing for. Gear recommendations, techniques etc.

Guest mistyriver1

Good stuff Huey. I've been to BPS numerous times now and I never get tired of it. That TDR is a good rod.

You'll like the BPS mix. When I'm making a batch of fish, I'll mix some BPS stuff, Fish Crisp (usually cajun), and some bread crumbs. :thumbsup_anim: .

Jim

Hey Huey, thats the same reaction I had the first time at BPS as well. Now the reaction has changed to 'ok store, you know you own me. So how about we just skip the formality of shopping - you just take my wallet and I'll meet you at the checkout' :). That store is just evil to impulse buyers like me.

I picked up a can of that Uncle Buck's mix as well this weekend (sucker for a display). Let me tell you - the hot and spicy really is pretty damn spicy. I think I was trying it out on the perch I caught Sunday night but damned if I could taste anything besides the mix (may have layed it on a bit thick I suppose).

I was a bad boy and picked up a Curado and a Symetry as well as a new tackle bag and a bunch of soft and hard baits.

The one thing I am looking forward to trying is a lucky strike cranckbait that was 40% off. I just can't make myself spend 25 dollars on a crankbait.