Baitcast reel opinions please

cynmar

I know this may be late, but of the reels you had originally listed, the Caenan is the only with a graphite frame, which may not be abig issue for bass fishing. However, it should be known that graphite can flex more than aluminum, and can put the gears out of alignment. If you are set on going with Shimano, then I would suggest going up to the Citica. I, personally am a Daiwa guy, and would second the recommendation to look at the TD Advantage supertuned. Great reel. The only issues with it (and the Tierra because they share the same frame) can be the size as it is a slightly wider reel that may not palm as comfortable as other reels. I have not had any issues with it, but others have.

I do not think you can really go wrong with the reels you ahd listed. They are all quality reels, and I am sure will do the job. More than anything, you should feel them instore and determine your choice by handling the reels and seeing which ones are most comfortable to you.

depends how adept you are with your right hand. i learned with a left hand retrieve spinner, but i am comfortable using a rh retrieve baitcaster. i am a right handed person, so the baitcaster leaves my rh free for other thingsmellow.gif .now im confused......tease.gif

For me it wasn't how comfortable I was reeling in with my left hand, it was more how easier I found it to control the rod with my right hand.

Guest LivingLegend

For me it wasn't how comfortable I was reeling in with my left hand, it was more how easier I found it to control the rod with my right hand.

so do you reel with ur left and control with ur right on the baitcaster?

Good to hear my friend, thanx for the heads up on the Caenan. Gonna look into the Calais and Citica models, would love to hook up the core100mg but pretty pricy. Did you take the Caenan back?

Dont mean to still ur thread fishingBill but we are in the same boat and didnt want to start a new topic again...good.gif

If you think the Core100 is pricy the Calais will cost you a ton more.

J