wader warrentee issue

tybrad

Hey guys and gals. Long story short. Bought some waders for 200 bones. one selling feature was it had 2 waterproof pockets to store my valuables in. Long story short. After less than a month of owning them

said waterproof pocket wasn't waterproof and now have a half working blackberry and keys that sometimes open my car.

I emailed the company and their response was to send them the affected products and in turn they would give me a credit in their product to what my blackberry and keys are worth.

I could raise more of a stink but I'm not sure what I could do.

Should a company back their claims in this or am I outta luck?

Edited by tybrad

I wouldn't think they're obliged to give you anything apart from replacing the waders - household insurance should cover the keys and the Blackberry.

My first thought was that it was pretty decent of them to offer you anything above a replacement but do they want you to send your Blackberry and keys to them? That could be a real PITA.

Edited by cuzza

its a shame what happened, but i am also surprised at their offer to compensate you at all. most manufacturers place that moniker stating 'item warrantied for replacement only' where they dont assume any liability for damages caused by failure of their product.

a similar tale - the livewells in my boat were marked incorrectly, front and rear switched. id never tested them and had stored a weekend worth of clothes, gear and junk in the forward livewell. when i turned on the rear livewell the forward well filled, soaking all my gear. i was kind of PO'd and took it up with stratos. they made no offers to compensate for any damages occurring. (well maybe it shouldn't have been in there but they are brand new and super clean and watertight). they were of course willing to rewire the switches if i drove it 180 mile round trip to the dealer...

but anyway, take what you can get from them - but you're still stuck with leaky pockets! i wonder what kind of other stuff they sell - if their gear is no good than why would you want to buy more of it?

Hey guys and gals. Long story short. Bought some waders for 200 bones. one selling feature was it had 2 waterproof pockets to store my valuables in. Long story short. After less than a month of owning them

said waterproof pocket wasn't waterproof and now have a half working blackberry and keys that sometimes open my car.

I emailed the company and their response was to send them the affected products and in turn they would give me a credit in their product to what my blackberry and keys are worth.

I could raise more of a stink but I'm not sure what I could do.

Should a company back their claims in this or am I outta luck?

Hmmmmm, this really isn't the response that I thought you'd get. I figured they'd say return the waders and we'll replace the waders.

I think the company is being relatively reasonable here. Are you still planning on going to the tackle shop where you got them to see what they'll do for you? I can't see how sending away your automatic door opener & blackberry to get another pair of non-waterproof waders is the best deal you can get. I'd go to the tackle shop before deciding what to do. It's in situations like this where tackle shops prove their worth.

Regardless, get those waders fixed so we can pound some river next week.

Ryan

Lovely consumerism.

In my opinion its unfair but life is unfair. Of course everyone as an opinion.

They could have told you to piss-off, blaming you for a hole or something or blaming the retailer, but they made a legit offer. I'd see if the tackle shop has a better offer and then I'd decide.

Perhaps call WJ and see if you actually need to send your BB and if you need to send a receipt.