Pike

Guest Manitoubass

Guest natron

Caught this one a few weeks back after calling it a day from fishing walleye and smallmouth on Jackfish lake (ironic, I know).

Caught on a orange jig and minnow, and felt like a log snag.

My biggest pike to date, it was 39" and weighed about 20.5lbs

Guest natron

Nice looking gator!

Dirk

Thanks!

He just about broke my rod, hahaa. I really thought I was snagged on either a log or stick, as I could feel it float somewhat as I pulled back. That continued for about 5 minutes, then it started running and surprised me, it went under the boat and I had to jump over to the other side of the boat, and I barely got it in time. After that, I had to baby it because I was only using 4lb mono at the time.

I wanted to get a few more pics, but it flopped and I lost my grip, then flopped again right out of the boat.

Guest natron

What a gator !!! how do you handle a fish that size if your gonna put her back? Always afraid to hurt it.

very carefully, lol. I almost thought we would have to keep it, took about 3 minutes to get oxygen flowing and swim off, scared me as well. Didnt help how it flopped outta the boat either

Guest natron

Keeping a fish of that size horizontal is a must as well.

Good point!

I should also mention my pics never turned out, so this pic is of a good friend I fish with on occasion