A nice little treat in preparation for the cottage trip...

The JAY

Heading up to a cottage with another family on Wednesday morning and I'm bringing the rods. My buddy isn't much of a fisherman, usually only fishes when I'm there. His 5 year old son is looking forward to fishing with 'Uncle Jay', and I'm excited too. Decided to hit the Grand to test some rods and reels I don't use very often.

Had leaders on all of them, since there's some pike up in the lake we will be on, so the sinkers were easy to swap on and off to test cast. After they all passed inspection with the 20Lb PowerPro, I decided to throw on a small Perch patterned spoon to see if any pike were around. 3rd cast I got the best Walter of the season. Not too fat but 23" long. No pics, due to the camera being in my fly vest. :wallbash:

The gentleman beside me, who was fishing for walleyes, pulled his jig out of the water and left without saying a word...

Hehehe....

Heading up to a cottage with another family on Wednesday morning and I'm bringing the rods. My buddy isn't much of a fisherman, usually only fishes when I'm there. His 5 year old son is looking forward to fishing with 'Uncle Jay', and I'm excited too. Decided to hit the Grand to test some rods and reels I don't use very often.

Had leaders on all of them, since there's some pike up in the lake we will be on, so the sinkers were easy to swap on and off to test cast. After they all passed inspection with the 20Lb PowerPro, I decided to throw on a small Perch patterned spoon to see if any pike were around. 3rd cast I got the best Walter of the season. Not too fat but 23" long. No pics, due to the camera being in my fly vest. wallbash.gif

The gentleman beside me, who was fishing for walleyes, pulled his jig out of the water and left without saying a word...

Hehehe....

Nice size walter, Jay!Congrats !