More fun on the river

tybrad

Hey hey all, I spent an afternoon on the local river to try my new reel. Purchased a Shimano Sahara 3000fd and loving every minute of it. So i drag my buddy Tyler along as his wife is whining that he doesnt get out enough (haha) and we go fishing. I ended up trying a new stretch i had never been to and would just scout out where to go. I was trying out a new lure as well, one of the live target wakebaits and on the second cast BAM! new personal best smallie again! This pic doesnt do it justice as it is about the length of my forearm and maybe two hands around girth. Needless to say an AMAZING fight. She was put back for another day and another fight

IMG00154-20100814-1434-1.jpg

As we're walkin down i spot a nice potential hole. Throw my lure in there a few times and pop out a few fingerling smallies. So i think nothing of it and plan to move on when BAM as soon as my lure hits the water this thing peels off maybe 20ft of line downstream before i know whats happening! My buddy ty, who things a sunfish is badass starts freaking out (in a good way) as he sees the line peeling off and my rod bent over sideways, Im reeling and playing and i get it close enough to see i've just caught my first river pike and man did that thing ever fight! For the size of the river i didnt think something this size was possible but i guess i was wrong! Again he was released to be caught another day

IMG00158-20100814-1553-1.jpg

Tight lines

Untill Next time!

Tyler

It is surprising where one can find fish. And I do enjoy it! Thanks Johnny

On a local stretch tonight I caught 3 bass (one was about 18"), 1 Pike about 36" and the rare Pickerel - the first in the area I was at. The storm clouds & lightning had me leave the river at about 8ish sadly!

Nice report and grats on the new PB. We'll go out this week Tyler at some point. I think Monday I'm traveling to fish a bit, but Tuesday or Wednesday should do nicely. PM me with what works best for you.

Ryan

EDIT - Nice Vest - I see you took the advice. Convenient eh?

Edited by BillsTheBassMan

I gotta be doing something wrong......I went out to the grand today around where another river flows into it.....Storms were coming...thunder and lightning....I tried spinners, cranks, and texas-rigged plastic as well as live worms.....and got SKUNKED.wallbash.gif

One of these days I will have some pictures to show.....one of these days

However, congrats on your PB Tyler....hope your new rod gives your even more PBs

Edited by RookieFish