More River fishing

tybrad

hey hey, spent a few hours exploring the local river tonight. I observed that I am either horrible at fishing with soft baits (dropshot, tube, senko), or they like only one thing. As soon as i gave up and switched back to what worked they hit right away! This pretty smallie hit as soon as my lure hit the water right after a run right at the head of the calm water. Put up a great fight and i am excited to maybe catch it again!

One observation, When i pulled this Smallie out of the water, it was a light light green, and as i watched, it changed color to these stripes that we normally see on smallies. Really cool!

IMG00150-20100812-2028.jpg

Edited by tybrad

Nice one Tybrad. It's stress that makes them change colour. Just means it's time to get them back in the water. Bluegills do this even more drastically. They start with a yellow belly that turns a dark orange grey after you have them out of the water for 10 seconds.

Edited by jediangler

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats on your PB! As the season progresses your likely to break that record. Especially in the fall. Looking forward to your next report!