FireLine Crystal

whynotalen

Hi There,

I picked up some Berkley FireLine Crystal at CT since it was $10 Off I said to my-self why not. However, I am not very familiar with superlines like this and am not exactly sure when I should use it. Any advice??

Thanks

I think that the weight of the line will dictate what rod you will want to use it on.

In use, it's just regular Fused Fireline without the black coating. In my opinion all the talk about it being translucent is so much Madison Ave. bull-roar.

About 4 years ago I used Crystal 14 pound on a spinning rod and some 30 pound on a casting reel. As far as I could tell it worked okay, without a leader, on cranks etc. To my eye it's quite visible in the water. On the other hand, I was getting bites...Maybe the fish don't care.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs

I use 8 lb Fireline Crystal on every spinning rod I have. I'm after bass and walleye but if I hook into a medium sized pike I can usually land it. That stuff is awesome. I vary my leader (usually 12 lb Seaguar) but that 8 lb Fireline is good fo most of my fishing.

Make sure you've got a leather glove if you need to break off a snag...that stuff will cut your hands before it'll break. Often hooks come up straightened out. It's good stuff, IMHO.