Chest/Day Pack

bassjnkie

If you get a vest do not load it down with crap!!!! I have mine loaded down with so much crap that my shoulders/neck are toast by the end of the day.. I carry a simple sidebag now and it's a huge relief on the shoulders...

As billm said! A vest can be a killer on the shoulders!

I picked up a pack from uncle buck,a white river pack.2 front pouchs and a rear pouch thats removable.Lots of compartments and alot easier on the neck and shoulders!

I think bps sells it!Not sure!

Seems we're all in agreement. A vest is an incorragement to stuff it full of stuff you won't use in all those pockets and then your neck and back gets sore after an hour of fishing. I actully put my vest down by the river bank any chance I get and fish without it on.

I too am looking for opinions on packs.

I still use a vest. Although you have to be careful to not overlaod yourself. I have gotten better with not filling every nook with stuff and my shoulders have thanked me. Never fished with a chest pack but I have seen some guys on the river and they seem to be ready burst they have it so full.

So I guess its really a matter of making sure what ever you carry feels comfortable.

Hello, I'm looking at getting a chest/day pack. What should I look for and what should I stay away from? OR Should I go with a vest? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Check out Fishpond. I use their vest and it has a lot of compartments. If you river fish religiously (especially for steelhead), then you should be prepared for all conditions. I pack as many items as I can comfortably fit in the vest.

You should be looking for something with a lot of compartments and one that is well made. William Joseph and Simms are both good companies as well.