Nungesser Lake Report

kgeary

July 24-31

7/24

Clear skies in the am and afternoon until about 4pm. Strong winds came in with out warning from the north east. Winds died down after about 20 minutes. Scattered showers for a moment, then clear and beautiful evening. Water temperature was at about 66 F.

7/25

I fished with Al and Alex Krupa

I showed them a few spots to fish for the week.

Then stopped at Ferrit island

sat in 14 feet and cast jig and minnows up to the edge of the rock bar.

caught a bunch of walleye

the walleye quit biting

I saw the big pike on the graph

I suggested Alex get out his casting gear.

On his third or fourth cast bang a rather nice pike.

I took Deb and Seanna over to the back side of Wolf Island

We sat on a mud/sand bar coming off the island near the tip where it dropped

into 28 on the side and 22 off the tip

we sat in 14 foot

Had 4 pike grab walleye.

biggest one was in her mid 40s

lots of fun.

Would have stayed out longer but Belinda called and sold us on the Prime ribe dinner.

It was awesome, maybe even better than catching a few more big pike or walleye.

(did I actually say that?)

Bret Hodne and the guys are in camp

they said for a few hours they literally could not touch bottom with their jig and minnow or jig and worm. They were fishing 12-16 feet mostly in big bay and that area.

"probably about 800 for our group, today"

Domonic Cosgrove said they caught hundreds all around the mid lake basin, biggest was 26.5

Tom Chaladak and his son did very well yesterday with their first walleye being 25 1/2 but were a little off today. I'm sure they will do well tommorrow.

7/26

Scattered clouds throughout the day with strong winds coming from the north. Water temperature at 65 F. Some sprinkles later on in the day.

Everyone was catching fish everywhere today.

weather was perfect southwest wind a bit strong at times but felt good with temps in the hi 80s

Beautiful full moon last night.

The Hodne group caught "about 1500 today"

"couldn't even touch bottom most of the morning and it was even better in the afternoon. The usual stuff , put your bait down , catch a fish"

After 37 years they pretty much expect it but at the same time are not dissapointed if the fish aren't jumping in the boat.

The used jigs and minnows or worms in 12-18 feet.

Mostly in big bay and the east end.

Domonic Cosgrove and his family caught hundreds all over the main basin east of the sand flats and had some big pike in north bay.

Allen and Alex Krupa caught 60 or so walleye while chasing Pike

Had several good pike and missed a couple of really nice ones.

Roger Hagan "did very very well" but didn't expand on that. I know Roger and I have a feeling that means several hundred fish with plenty of big ones mixed in.

I took the family and Belinda and Gage down to big bay.

Fished on one of Brets spots ( could have been any one of a dozen places down in that area)

We anchored up in 12-14 foot and commneced a catchin

we fished from 2.30 to 4.30

We had several quads a bunch of triples and countless doubles.

Thanks goodness Seanna and Hayden can bait their own lines and take their fish off or I woldn't have fished at all.

Now if I could just get Deb to do the same.

Deb caught about 30-40 Hayden and Seanna each caught about the same.

Belinda and Gage must have had 20 each. I caught about 60

So we were pretty close to 200 in about 2 hours.

We went thru 6 dozen worms and 8 dozen minnows.

Hayden was thrilled to bring in this Giant Pike to round out the afternoon.

7/27

Clear skies in the am, heavy showers in the afternoon and calm by the evening with clearer skies. Winds blowing from the north with water temperature at 63 F.

Bret Hodne and his group had the usual good day, hauling in a total of about 800 with plenty of eaters and some size with the biggest at 26 and a few pike. They fished out of north bay using a variety of jigs, minnows, and crawlers.

Tom and his son John went out to pike alley and had a good day with about 130 the largest at 23". Mainly using crawlers.

Al and his son Alex went over to the wall and big hump. Brought in about 87 the largest at 24 and a few pike using crawlers.

The Cosgrove group went out towards big bay and brought in about 190 the largest at 25".

The Hagen group fished out of jacks hump and the wall bringing in about 150 using spinner rigs and minnows.

7/28

Scattered clouds throughout the day, with mild winds from the north west, with water temperature at 67 F.

The Cosgrove group went out strictly for pike today fishing various weed beds and reefs towards pike alley, and had some nice ones including a 40 and a 38, fished mainly with spoons and bulldogs.

Al and his son Alex were "exhausted" from all the fish they were catching. They decided to come in around 4pm for a little siesta. Then headed back out to the hump for a little evening fishing. They brought in about 120 for the day with a few pike.

The Hagen group had a good morning, but then slowed down for them in the afternoon. They still managed to haul in a good number including the biggest at 25". They used mainly gulp minnows.

Bret Hodne and his group had a great day, bringing in about 1000 with some good size fish including a 27" walleye caught in north bay and plenty of eaters. They used crawlers for a greater part of the day as well as minnows and suckers that brought in a few pike.

Tom and his son had a good day as well, bringing in about 80 with the biggest at 25. His son John had a pike come up and take a swipe at a walleye he was reeling up.

7/29

Clear skies in the am, and throughout the day, with a beautiful evening. It was a beautiful day throughout. Mild winds to cool off. Some of the kids in Hodne group went tubing to cool of a bit.

The Hodne group had success today, breaking the thousand mark before lunch, with a total of about 2000 for the day. However, they will have to leave tomorrow due to the death of a family friend. Let us send prayers their way in this difficult time. We will miss this group indeed. See ya next year.

Tom and his son John had an ok day, bringing in about 80 for the day the biggest at 24, using crawlers.

The Hagen group had close to 200 with the biggest at 23" with a few pike. They mainly trolled using spinner rigs and minnows.

The Cosgrove had a good day with about 150 and later went out after supper. They used jigs with crawlers.

Al and his son Alex had a rather slow day and fished mainly for pike, the lake was dead calm, so that may of played a role in the slow day.

7/30

Beautiful day today, dead calm "glass lake". Water temperature at 68 F. Slow day for most. Mild winds from the north

Tom and his son John, had about 54 with the biggest being a 38" pike, using a gold spoon and crawlers.

The Cosgrove group caught about 50 the largest at 22" walleye using crawlers on a spinner rig.

Tom+Chaladak+personal+best+biggest+ever+trophy+pike+Nungesser+Lake+Ontario.jpgHuge+Walleye+caught+at+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom.com.JPGKristen+with+a+huge+walleye+at+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom.JPGHuge+Walleye+Caught+at+AnglersKingdom.com.JPGHuge+Walley+caught+at+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom.com.JPGHayden-Geary-a-Monster.jpgJohn+With+a+Huge+Walleye+cought+at+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom+Canada.JPGHugePikeCaught+at+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom.com+Canada.JPGGiant+Pike+caught+At+Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingdom+Canada.JPGalex+krupa.jpgHayden+Geary+Trophy+Pike+Ontario+Nungesser+Lake+Anglers+Kingdom.jpgHayden-Geary-a-Monster.jpg

Edited by kgeary