gobies

mercman

ive heard about them.even seen them on nature shows. but the wife and i caught a bunch of em tonite while perch fishing. we just threw them back, now i read we are suposed to kill them !!! is this right. i never saw these things here in montreal waters before,am i suposed to inform fishing authorities.

Guest LivingLegend

Ya you really have to kill these little nasty critters or no more perch for you and ur wife. They are eating the bass eggs etc. The only way to kill them is to bite their heads off and burn the bodies.................ohmy.gif ........rofl2.gif joke my friend just crush'em or toss them onto land

You're supposed to kill them but they are so well established already that you are only taking a handful out of a population of millions, probably more. So don't feel bad about letting them go, at this point killing them would just be for the sake of killing and not much else. Might as well get used to them, they're here to stay...

Guest LivingLegend

Time to start having Gobie fillets, u need to catch about 50 to have a decent plate. Who wants to go Gobie fishing? We can even start up Gobie derby'sunsure.giftease.gif

Guest LivingLegend

I'll just wait for the asian carp with a bow!

That actually looks fun, just pingin the with the bow as they launch outta the water. Best be wearing a helmet though......