update to dag nabbit !!!

mercman

whistling.gif well, i took all of your wise advise and read up on baitcasting 101.set the mag to max, tightened up the spool tensioner and voila !! im casting like a pro.(not). i practised in the backyard early this morning, and the neighbours were peeking out the window at me, shaking thier heads like i was nuts, and looking for what i was fishing for. my lab and my pom were enthusiastically chaseing the weight accross the grass. i suddenly realized that i had no more birds nests on my spool !!! now i have to figure out how to get some distance, and how to get the bait to land where i want it too. at least there wont be any maple trees in the middle of the st lawerence river. thanks to you all.

Know you can start backing off the mag and spool tensioner until you get some back lash or just slowly loosen the spool tension until the weight slowly falls to the ground about a foot per second mabye a bit slower and pitch till your arm falls off way easier to learn in the yard than on the water keep at it its worth the hassle.

Know you can start backing off the mag and spool tensioner until you get some back lash or just slowly loosen the spool tension until the weight slowly falls to the ground about a foot per second mabye a bit slower and pitch till your arm falls off way easier to learn in the yard than on the water keep at it its worth the hassle.

i hear ya. the bait caster even 'feels' better then the spin caster, although the callista is wrong handed for me, it feels comfortable reeling with my right hand. kinda feels like soneone elsewhistling.gif

i hear ya. the bait caster even 'feels' better then the spin caster, although the callista is wrong handed for me, it feels comfortable reeling with my right hand. kinda feels like soneone elsewhistling.gif

The reel isn't wrong handed...Spinning was invented by the French.

That should explain why it is backwards...HAHAHA!