Urban Fishing Report

torco

Well with my original plans to fish with my brother in-law out the window today, I decided to try the fishing here in town this evening. Sorry no pics but being solo with my dog just didn't make taking pictures easy.

I was impressed that I was able to battle a few small pike, lose a bass all within a few minutes of downtown guelph. Something about being able to catch fish in the middle of the city was really satisfying. The one pike had a good sized gash out of it, my hope is that it was caused by an even bigger pike.

Came home after a little over and hour after my dog fell/jumped in the water twice! She is obsessed with fishing lures (I am careful to keep her away from the lures) and sometimes gets a little carried away. Thankfully she doesn't like getting wet or I don't think I would be able to take her.

I am looking forward to trying a few more spots in town.

Not a soul around me fishing. Plenty of passerby's though.

Definitely felt good and allowed me to try out a new (used) spinning rod I purchased, which I am glad to say I am really happy with.

I'm going to be in Guelph on August 4th - I have to take a guy to court. I think I'll reward myself after a morning full of boredom @ the courthouse with an afternoon full of awesomeness @ the river.

Mark, if you can PM me a decent spot in town, that'd be sweet. I'm @ the courthouse which is @ 74 Woolwich St.

Ryan