Wireless Trolling Motor Issues

diggyj

Last night I tried to work my Motor Guide Wireless Trolling Motor but it did not work.

The battery is fully charged and when push the test button, it in fact shows a full charge. Foot pedal would not turn it on. I changed the CR2032 battery in the pedal and still nothing. When I hook the cable to the battery terminal sometimes I get a long beep other times nothing and other times it sounds like the motor is going.

I saw thar it says in the manual that you can reset code and put a new one in. I tried to reset it but I didn't hear the beep and in all likely hood I did it incorrectly as it was dark.

There is also a breaker attached to the positive terminal. Could the breaker by garbage? I have not tried that yet.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Dirk

Last night I tried to work my Motor Guide Wireless Trolling Motor but it did not work.

The battery is fully charged and when push the test button, it in fact shows a full charge. Foot pedal would not turn it on. I changed the CR2032 battery in the pedal and still nothing. When I hook the cable to the battery terminal sometimes I get a long beep other times nothing and other times it sounds like the motor is going.

I saw thar it says in the manual that you can reset code and put a new one in. I tried to reset it but I didn't hear the beep and in all likely hood I did it incorrectly as it was dark.

There is also a breaker attached to the positive terminal. Could the breaker by garbage? I have not tried that yet.

Thank you. Dirk

There should be a button on the breaker, to reset it, try that if not then disconnect the motor via plug, disconnect the battery & reconnect and reconnect the plug, I had to do this a few times over the last year I have well over 300 hrs on mine as I use it for trolling 3-4hrs/per trip.

Thank you. Dirk

Dirk,

If you suspect the breaker is a problem, just bypass it. Wire your red positive wire straight to the battery positive post. Eliminate this as a first step. If you had a volt meter, you could check for power (minimum of 12.6 volts DC) at the plug at the front of the boat. If you have this, you can now focus on the motor.

Edited by Rattletrap2