Thunder Bay

cwpowell

Hello all, Sunday night I'm off for a short drive from Hamilton up to Thunder Bay, the town of Oliver Paipoonge. My aunt and uncle live up there and my parents will be flying up. I really am not a fan of flying so. I'm driving. Anyone from the area? I'd like to hook up with someone and get some fishing done. Or at least some guidance as to where to catch some fish. Won't have a boat until we get to the cabin so mostly from shore the first few days.

Also the cabin is on Hoof Lake.

I know where that cabin is, and have fished Hood and surrounding lakes occasionally for years. PM me with your e-mail address, and I will try to give you more info. Hope you have a google mail account. If not, I have free invites still.

Also, do you have access to a half decent full sized 4x4, small boat and motor, or canoe with a small motor on it. One set of lakes near there can be quite good at times, and I have depth maps of some of them. But, it is a brutal rocky access road that does not welcome trailers all to well. We have rather low water conditions here right now, lots of lakes down 2 feet at least. We did not get much of a snow load this year, and spring rains were non-existant.

Hello all, Sunday night I'm off for a short drive from Hamilton up to Thunder Bay, the town of Oliver Paipoonge. My aunt and uncle live up there and my parents will be flying up. I really am not a fan of flying so. I'm driving. Anyone from the area? I'd like to hook up with someone and get some fishing done. Or at least some guidance as to where to catch some fish. Won't have a boat until we get to the cabin so mostly from shore the first few days.

You can check out thunderbayfishing.com they have some info on some local rivers and lakes. Hazelwood is supposed to be a decent spot for shore fishing but you can't have any motors on the lake so if you can get a hold of a canoe it could be worth it. Down at the mouth of the current river also produces some pike and walleye but I have never fished down there. If you get a chance stop into DnR sporting goods on memorial ave. and ask the guys in there for some info they are usually pretty good. Have fun and take some pictures for us!

Swany