wolseley bay, french river fishing tips?

shurik_muff

hello.

planing to go fishing with the family for half a week to bryer lodge at french river. never fished french river, but keep hearing great things aboit it.

quiet honestly, i am planing to target muskie most of the time, but not sure how it will go.

can any one give me some tips about wolseley bay? what depths to look for, structures, what lures to use at this time of the year? basically any help will be apreciated.

thanks a lot

ps

tried google but couldnt findany depth map fpor french river or wolseley bay... any advice?

Edited by shurik

Shurik:

Do a search on this form for Wolseley Bay. We've stayed at Wolseley Lodge about 4 or 5 times and heading back there this September. I should have some posts and reports for others who were asking.

I really don't think there is a map of the lower French that shows the water depths and contours. You can stop at the French River Trading Post out on Rt. 69 and get a map of the French River. It wil show the river, fishing camps, cottages, etc, and a general outline of the river itself.

YOu may inquire at the lodge to see if they have any maps and some "hot spots" noted. I know we can get one at Wolseley Lodge, but this may only be available to their guests. I'd think the lodge owners could lead you to a few locations to try.

Not sure what the low water levels will do for fishing in that area and basic navigation. Be very careful. The French River is known for making a mess of a motor in a heart beat. I just came back today from Lakair and have the scratches and dings to prove it.

Good Luck and be sure to put up a report when you get back. Curious what I may be in for - in 2 1/2 months.

Shurik:

Do a search on this form for Wolseley Bay. We've stayed at Wolseley Lodge about 4 or 5 times and heading back there this September. I should have some posts and reports for others who were asking.

I really don't think there is a map of the lower French that shows the water depths and contours. You can stop at the French River Trading Post out on Rt. 69 and get a map of the French River. It wil show the river, fishing camps, cottages, etc, and a general outline of the river itself.

YOu may inquire at the lodge to see if they have any maps and some "hot spots" noted. I know we can get one at Wolseley Lodge, but this may only be available to their guests. I'd think the lodge owners could lead you to a few locations to try.

Not sure what the low water levels will do for fishing in that area and basic navigation. Be very careful. The French River is known for making a mess of a motor in a heart beat. I just came back today from Lakair and have the scratches and dings to prove it.

Good Luck and be sure to put up a report when you get back. Curious what I may be in for - in 2 1/2 months.

thanks for the warnings.... head about it as well.

regarding the post... you bet i will... hopfully with something to be proud off. i am heading there on july 1st to 4th.

Edited by shurik