Bob Izumi Canadian Tire Kids and Cops fishing day in Hastings

FlyGuy5

On Saturday Hastings had there Kids and Cops fishing day. I went out to give my time and help the kids catch a few fish. It was a great event as they had trophys for biggest fish, smallest fish, and most fish. I spent the whole day running to kid to kid who had caught a fish so I could take the hook out and measure it so we knew who has biggest and who had smallest and who had the most. The event ran from 9am to about 1pm. Halfway through one kid caught a 12 inch smallmouth which held big fish till a 13 inch mudcat was caught by a 4/5 year old it was awsome to see. Lots of fish were caught so the kids were having a lot of fun as well a lot of goby's were caught. A lot of great prizes were gave away and all in all it was a great event in which I plan to attend for years to come.

Hasting Fishing Day 003.jpg

I know they are just kids, but maybe that fish should not have counted since it was an OOS fish. Bass arent open until this week. Glad to see the involvement, but maybe a little edjucation too?

I didn't mean to make it sound so "jerkish"... sorry. But i do mean it.

I love that programes like this are held. There is nothing like introducing children to fishing. Love it when their eyes light up when their rod starts pulling back!!!

Kids copps Canadian tire with Bob Izumi is a great program they have been a big part of our events for many years and its great to see the other places that have there support congrats on getting out there and helping out. As for the OOS bass yes measure it and let the youngster know that it has to get back in right away but it still counts heck they are kids.

You are right Mike and thats just what happend I ran over to the youngster when I seen him fighting the fish I unhooked him, took a quick measurement and it was let go.. The youngster knew it was oos and was just happy to catch a nice fish.. Not one fish was kept that day, expect all the gobies.