Sudbury and Ramsey Lake

SylvanOwner

Just a little report from last weeks trip too Sudbury.

I had the opportunity for a trip too Sudbury for a couple days for work and was hoping to tag on a few more days Crown Land camping, well the work part was good but life happens and the Crown Land routine will have to wait.

Anyway, I had asked OFC for some advice before I left and fortunately had received some from a few people but I have to make special mention of the advice from Mike P. - I could've done this blindfolded with the detail he provided.......http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44004.

So, last Wednesday myself and 4 others from the conference set out to Moonlight Beach. There was another group already at the far end of the rocks so we set up about halfway along the rocks. Here's a photo of the scene for context and a little trip down memory lane for Mike P. Bit of a hack-job on the image but hopefully gets the point across.

RamseyLake_panoramic.jpg

Action was a little slow but we were getting lots of little taps close in to shore. A few bass were hooked and some landed and lots of rises on the surface so I switched from the suggested jig to a small floating Rapala and Bingo.....scored this eye when he ripped it off the surface....

P6020008.jpg

That was it for bites except for the mosquitoes that soon drove us back to the car and then the comfort of the hotel room and beer just in time for the overtime period of the hockey game.

We did a few geocaches over the 2 days including one at the big nickel, saw a couple moose, several deer and a wild turkey on the drive back to Toronto. Some more scenery shots taken from around the nickel.

P6030015.jpg

P6030021.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Dan

If any of you's come to Sudbury again let me know and i will try and take you out or take you's to different spots around Sudbury there are lots of small lakes around if you know how to get to them

Lol...yup you are from Northern Ontario alright. I always wondered how that would be spelled. Very nice offer btw. :Gonefishing:

Lol...yup you are from Northern Ontario alright. I always wondered how that would be spelled. Very nice offer btw. :Gonefishing:

Oh ya but i grew up in Port Weller north St-Catharine's still north i guess lol

Glad to see ya got one and I love the pics I can still picture the spot I know that rock has my butt print in it many great nights spent there. one of these days i will be there that time of year and hit the beach again. Did ya get to Ramkoes?

No, didn't make it to Ramkoes - there was nothing in your tip about Ramkoes....lol....but really we only had time the one evening. Thanks again, we had a very enjoyable hour and a half or so thanks to you.

Dan

• 1 month later...