A question for all the ford mechanics out there

Bondar

Ok guys i have a problem with my truck !

its a

2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 with 65,000

Heres my problem believe it or not lol ,

when i start my truck the stereo works fine no problems soon as i put the truck in drive the stereo shuts off , put it in nuetral it will turn back on , switch it back in drive or reverse it turns off so i'm stumped all the lights and controls work on the stereo still but there is no sound unless in Park or neutral

i dont get it !!!!

can someone help please lol

Edited by Bondar

my first thought would be the neutral safety switch,i think ford calls it the DTR sensor(Digital Transmission Range)or maybe the ignition switch.you would need to check and find out if you loosing power on 1 of the 3 positive wires at the back of the radio when its not working.i think there is 3 fuses if you don't want to take the radio out but you should also check the ground.if you are loosing a power you are going to need a wiring diagram and just trace the circuit back till you find where it went.

if the radio was good you need to do the same thing on the factory amp if you have one.

if all power and grounds are ok you could have a communication problem.i think that year is CAN communication .then you will need a scan tool and it could get a lot more complicated.

good luck

travis

yea i can see where this is going thanks for the tips , the radio never looses power from park to drive and what not just sound hopefully just a neutral safety switch

this could get interesting dang only had the truck since december