What is your best laker technique?

tschirk

if the bottom of lake X is soft try literally dragging your canon balls on there ( its a "hail mary" method for bending a rod for a laker)....lengthen your leads off the ball outrageously long 60+' so your bait is in the cloud the ball creates...keep your speed 1.5 to 1.9 mph

Good Luck

dont forget to run your cheater/slider... :D

Was out with a guide on Lake O that did that. Every time he saw a fish on the sonar, he'd get one of us to bump the bottom with the canon ball...every single time the fish hit. It was quite the trick!

How much line do you have between the 3way swivel and lure? is it generally the same distance to the weight?

It was years ago that we did this but if memory is right it was 4 ft to the weight and 5 ft to the spoon. The weight would sometimes stick in the mud. Having the longer leads off of the 3-way allowed time to lift the rod up to get the weight out. The spoon would flutter down on the pause, on the lift is when we would get the hits. We held onto the rods to be able to feel what was going on down below. Heavy action rods (flipping sticks) and 20 pound mono. They didn't have the braids back then that they do today. Dacron was the only one that I can remember.

white or skunk flat fish 100' of line out. turn your boat off and drift moving your down riggers up and down about 10 to 20 feet off bottom hitting the bottom from time to time and watch out. find a place with good up and down bottom and you will fill the boat.need a mild wind for this to work. stong wind put out sea bags and will work too. if no wind you can do the same using your trolling motor or find a drop off holding fish and jig a white tube 5 to 10 feet above them. tell me how it works for you.

Ted, my brother from another mother!

Grasp it by the base, I use my left hand as I am left handed ya know, and using my right hand, I gently twist off the top...viola! A nice cold refreshing Laker!

Doh..., you meant fish, not beer!

HH

Now that's funny!!! You made me spit beer foam out of my nose!