bad then good

pikeguy

last weekend on the sunday we went out fishing on nippising. leaving my sisters house, I headed out up hard wood island since we did not seam to catch any fish around laving area east side of the bridge in Laving. Got up to the end of the island and started to troll caught nothing there ether figure i will head to the target usually something around there nothing.head over to the hay narrows the mouth of the west arm still nothing, Getting discouraged keep on trolling heading back i get on the back side of the Three sisters(group of island about the same size) finally i get a pike rsz_dsc04500.jpg decide to head back for supper.after supper we head out to the bridge in laving anchored on the est side of the bridge.well we only caught cat fish we start to put away the gear,Shoty (wife) hands me her rod to store away i lay mine down in the boat line still in the water,Shorty said something to me i tern to answer her turn back to finish storing her rod, i see my rod bent right over i reach for it but to late there it goes into the lake time to head for home.

Today we head back out windy today we decide to go over to the west side of the bridge and troll, 1hr in and i hear, i got a fish ! we land a pike,then another 2 for her 0 for me one more pass my turn i get a pike about time i said turn to head back and decide to troll back not to long after i get a fish on yay 2-2 i say as i pull it up to the boat i see its eyes get the net its a pickerel nice one to. rsz_dsc04526 (2).jpg26 7/8 long just out of the slot size. Have not caught one this size in a long time over the slot usually in the slot. I agree with the slot just wish i would get some more under the slot or couple over the year 80% are in the slot for me and back they go.Shorty is cam shy and wont let me take here pic to often but i will sooner or latter Happy fishing to all.

Edited by pikeguy