Centerpinning for carp

tonka

I was just about to leave to my cottage before I posted and when I got back there was a lot of replies, so thanks guys. My cottage in Wasaga Beach and my backyard is the Nottawasaga River. I really don't like still fishing with a spinning rod so I wanted to try my pin. I'm new to pinning so to prepare for salmon season, I wanted to practice on carp. The river has a current but there are markers and stuff like fallen tress in the water. Plus the deep part is too far for me to cast to from shore. I tried floating off my neighbor's dock with no luck and then I tried still fishing with the clicker on and on the rod holder. Still no luck. I gave in and used my spinning rod and still didn't catch any carp. Here's a picturei84453_CIMG2054.JPG

I was carp splashing around the shore but none were biting. The next morning I got to a creek to look for some leftover chrome but there was nothing but the resident fish which were still fun. I did see a a fish take off downstream as I approached a pool but I thought it was private property so I didn't follow.

i84454_CIMG2055.JPG

Sorry about the blurriness, he wouldn't sit still.