RIVER SAFETY

LETS REMEMBER TO USE ALITTLE COMMON SENSE OUT THERE IF YOUR TRYIN TO HIT A RIVER!!

I ALWAYS HERE OF 1 PERSON DOIN DUMB THINGS THIS TIME OF YR!!

LOTS OF MELT TODAY!!!

WATERS ARE RISING!!! SOME SMALL HOLES OPENIN UP BUT ALOT OF THE WATER IS GOIN UP AND OVER THE ICE.

WATERS CAN RISE ALARMINGLY FAST AND TRUST ME YOUR NO WHERE NEAR STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP THE ICE LOL

JUST USE SOME SENSE IF YOUR HEADIN OUT AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR SURROUNDING!!

Not true Clampet I went down after work today to take a quick look for the morning Lol. But CC is right watch yourself the rivers are fast and can creep up on you. I must say though there isnt as much Ice as I thought there was on the rivers

Edited by GNODDY

Common Sense is really important out there no matter how Experienced you may be... Fast flowing water doesn't distinguish between seasoned anglers and beginners... I know when I go out I keep an eye on water levels especially near dams and during melts...

C'mon now Bill....where's yer sense of adventure?

You are young.... and strong ... well aren't you?

Besides what's a little current and cold water?

Perhaps the differnce between having stories told about you or you being around to tell fishing stories yourself.

GOOD TOPIC CANADIAN_COPPER!

Clampet :angel: I don't know of any icon that says nervously funny.

Oh sorry Gerritt shhhhh.

LETS REMEMBER TO USE ALITTLE COMMON SENSE OUT THERE IF YOUR TRYIN TO HIT A RIVER!!

I ALWAYS HERE OF 1 PERSON DOIN DUMB THINGS THIS TIME OF YR!!

LOTS OF MELT TODAY!!!

WATERS ARE RISING!!! SOME SMALL HOLES OPENIN UP BUT ALOT OF THE WATER IS GOIN UP AND OVER THE ICE.

WATERS CAN RISE ALARMINGLY FAST AND TRUST ME YOUR NO WHERE NEAR STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP THE ICE LOL

JUST USE SOME SENSE IF YOUR HEADIN OUT AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR SURROUNDING!!

Good Topic!

With the warm weather and the rain, Ccmt and I decided to check out some local tribs. The ones in our area were completely blown with high, fast moving water. Saw large chunks of ice, and an approx. 100 ft long dock floating in from Lake Ontario. The sheer power of the current being displayed was amazing......definitely nothing to play around with!

Play safe

Bly