Brook Trout opener

jjcanoe

Well after a decent steelhead opener last week, Dutchy came along with me on our annual Southern Ontario Brook Trout opener. All fish were released except for 3 which took the hook a bit too deep! (how long before I get asked or PM'ed where we were fishing? :) ) Dutchy has some more pics which he'll add on to the post but here's the ones from my camera....

Dutchy's 1st Brookie

101_0739.jpg

101_0741.jpg

He got 6 on Friday which is pretty respectable for a first timer :good:

Here's a few of the 10 I got on Friday (BTW That's a 1000 sized reel for scale and a #4 Panther Martin)

101_0744.jpg

101_0750.jpg

101_0745.jpg

101_0751.jpg

101_0749.jpg

Dutchy's 1st drift on Saturday in the rain produced this beast...

101_0752.jpg

I ended up with around 25 on a rainy, windy Saturday with a few 4"ers and some around the average 8-10" only a few were big enough for a pics..

Insert Dutchy's camera pics here!

After a slow and rainy start to Sunday with a few small guys each, Dutchy headed out around 3pm and I checked out a little creek with the flyrod...

101_0755.jpg

Ended up with 4 little guys on the fly rod on a stretch of creek I've never fished before (I'll be back!!)

Here's a nice little waterfall I happened across while being lazy and driving around some backroads( and not fishing :) )

101_0753.jpg

All in all a great weekend! can't wait til next year

jjcanoe

Awesome report and pics jjcanoe :thumbsup_anim:B):Gonefishing:

Sounds like you both had a great weekend and the square tails were on the feed B) Beauties :good:

You should get that pic framed cause it's just so beautiful..... and I don't blame you for wanting to go back :whistling::worthy:

101_0753.jpg

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

• 3 weeks later...