stoney lake

Stoltzeneggar

I was considering buying a trailor on upper stoney. I hear the fishing is decent, does anyone have comments about the fishing? Am i wasting my time on stoney or is it a good idea to try this new area for me out. I usually fish Temagami but the drive is just a bit to far for the weekend. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you. Im also new on hear and havent found my way around the site yet. I hope to have more details on my profile soon.

MVC-656F.JPG

Stoney is a great lake. Lots of variety in fish from crappie, bluegill, perch, bass and walleye to muskie.

It is known as Stoney for a reason though, so until you are familiar with it stay in the charted areas and go slow.

Welcome to the board and good luck.

Tom.

thank you. With the money my fishing pals and i spend renting cottages we could get a trailor and search out a new lake. Im excited and have heard good things about stoney, hopefully i get a few more responses to convince me that this lake could be my new hole.

I agree with Tom the lake is very rocky it can go from 60 ft to 3 ft out in the middle rocks are every where i ve fished stoney for about 35 yrs now my parents have a place up there it can be a hard lake to fish. good luck

Rob