Sibbald Point Provincial Park

raptorfan

We have booked 5 days at Sibbald Point on the south shore of Lake Simcoe in august. We have never stayed at this park, or even heard of it for that matter but it looked nice and booking this late in the year for a long weekend doesn't leave much for options.

Anyone ever stayed there? Was the fishing any good? Was the park well kept? Any info would be great.

Shawn

Edited by raptorfan

We have booked 5 days at Sibbald Point on the south finger of Lake Simcoe in august. We have never stayed at this park, or even heard of it for that matter but it looked nice and booking this late in the year for a long weekend doesn't leave much for options.

Anyone ever stayed there? Was the fishing any good? Was the park well kept? Any info would be great.

Shawn

Be sure not to make much noise after dark...

(Unless you want a hefty fine).

Stayed there a couple summers ago, did decent on jumbo perch and bass just off the shore in a canoe. Im sure if you can find some weedier areas you can find some pike. Fish were numerous but not gigantic.

Good luck! Nice park but has a lot of weekenders and day visiters, make sure you have a method of getting off the beach and into the water ;)

Never been there myself, but I know some people who have worked there in the past. It is (or at least was) a pretty big party park, from what I've heard. I won't be surprized if your neighbours keep up at night. Couldn't tell you anything about the facilities or the fishing.

Camped there once on a May 24 long weekend,never went back to that park again. Or any other provincial park south of North Bay. Too many people trying to bring in alcohol during the ban and took 2hrs just to get past OPP inspection at the main gate.

You should absolutely LOVE this park. I used to spend a lot of time up there... summer and winter(snowmobiling). It is a gorgeous place on a beautiful lake. I know the ice fishing is great there but can't tell you much about the summer. I would recommend it to anyone. Can't get near it on a long weekend tho, so if you don't like crowds, that would be the only time not to go.

If you go, I hope you like it as much as I did! :thumbsup_anim: