Wide Angle Lens

Stoty

What kind od shots are you taking Stotty,

I have one with my new T1. I have bought several lenses now in the last 3 months but most regular will take nice shots. Just learn the features of the camera. Its amazing what they can do. I now have a macro lens for very close up shots. I had to take a course to learn what they can do, I now know how to take it off auto. Lol.

Sigma 10-20 mm. Great price and great quality. Just be sure to leave some room around the edges since with wide angles you can get vignetting and distortion if you try to fill the frame at 10 mm. Another good choice is a Canon 10-22 but costs a lot more. Both have Image Stabilization and Auto/Manual focus settings. The other thing you will need when you go to a wide angle is a good flash like the Canon Speed Flash since the built in one will leave shadows along the bottom of the pic if you are in really tight.

JP

• 1 month later...

I have also heard good things about the 10-22 but I've never used it personally. for wide angle shots I use a Canon 14 mm f/2.8L or a Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L. With the 14 there is almost 0 distortion and vignetting but a bit is noticed with the 16-35. But as far as price goes, the 10-22 is your best bet.