Abu Garcia Spinning Reel

Billy Bob

I purchased a Abu Garcia Cardinal Spinning Reel last summer at BPS in Auburn, NY (100 miles away) and since it was new the 4# and sometimes 6# test line gets caught/pinched underneath the bail roller or between the roller and the bail...it damages the line and last week twice I set the hook only to break the line.

So finally today I called Pure Fishing Factory Service (owned by Abu) and explained my problem...told them I took it apart and there is a white nylon washer between the roller and bail that is split...the tech took down my phone number and said he will have to check on it and get back to me.....well I thought that's the end of that deal...WRONG, within 5 minutes he called back and said send the reel in....but I said I don't have the receipt...no problem just send it in to his attention and it will be repaired at NO COST....FREE (my favorite four letter word).

So I thought they deserved a plug here.

Bob

i just picked up a new cardinal reel on the weekend and its doing the same thing.... thankfully im just fishing crappie with it and its not that big of a deal but for a new reel i was surprised it was acting up already.

I don't like the sound of that...what model is it..mines a C701XL