THE LAST DAM STANDNG

tb4me

This is wonderfull news for the Grand and Whitemans Creek! I didnt know this happened untill now.Good news,IMO anyway.

http://www.execulink.com/~roxboro/MiddleGrandTUC_files/Page316.htm

Thanks for that link!

What a great article to read and pictures to see. It really gives you perspective of how much we really can change.

Kudos!

Thanks for that link!

What a great article to read and pictures to see. It really gives you perspective of how much we really can change.

Kudos!

Hey no problem! I live only stones trow away from there and I didnt know it was happening?!! This should make fishing in whitemans much more interesting over the next few years

Fantastic!!

There should be some real thought into the value of some of these dams & whether they should be maintained or decommissioned. There are numerous dams that have outlived their original purpose but have done immeasurable damage to fisheries.

In London, there is the Springbank Dam that in my opinion, should have been decommissioned. However, the federal, provincial and City of London decided to rebuild the gates & refurbish the dam at a cost of $7 million dollars++. And when they tried to operate the gates of the reburbished dam, the hinge bolts on one gate sheared and snapped. It is now sitting idle with the gates lying flat on the Thames R bottom & the lawyers are involved trying to blame whomever. Of course, the cost to get this dam functioning again will probably match the costs to date. Could you imagine what $14 mil could do for fisheries restoration? Anyway, the function of this dam is to provide a headpond for canoeists and the rowing club. It should have been decommissioned.

So seeing stories like this in the Grand R watershed is quite positive.

WR